Wednesday 29 July 2020

SHAKESPEARE'S LINES ON VILLAINS




Villain to be noted – (Much Ado About Nothing)

Which is the villain? Let me see his eyes;
That when I note another man like him,
I may avoid him.

A Villain’s Look and Ready Zeal (KING JOHN)

How oft the sight of means to do ill deeds
Makes deeds ill done! Hadst not thou been by,
A fellow by the hand of nature mark’d,
Quoted, and signed, to do a deed of shame,
This murder had not come into my mind.
Hadst thou but shook thy head, or made a pause,
When I spake darkly what I purposed
Or turn’d an eye of doudt upon my face,
And bid me tell my tale in express words,
Deep shame had struck me dumb, made me break off,
And those thy fears might have wrought fears in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIVE STEPS TO PREPARE RASPBERRY ROLL

     For buttercream: Vanilla-flavoured pink cream 1. sieve together flour and corn flour. 2. whisk together egg and sugar to a sponge. Add ...