Tuesday 7 May 2024

BEING A BUSY BEE






I LIED AND SAID I WAS BUSY

I WAS BUSY, BUT NOT IN A WAY

MOST PEOPLE UNDERSTAND.


I WAS BUSY TAKING DEEPER BREATHS

 I WAS BUSY SILENCING IRRATIONAL THOUGHTS

I WAS BUSY CALMING A RACING HEART

I WAS BUSY TELLING MYSELF I AM OKAY


SOMETIMES , THIS IS MY BUSY

AND I WILL NOT APOLOGISE FOR IT



 It's lovely to read these lines and want to read it again and gain. Really there is no need to apologize. Right?  We all can be happily busy this way.

What actually is being busy?

 Being busy simply means that we are occupied with tasks or activities. It doesn't necessarily mean that we are making progress or achieving our goals.

 Research suggests that an individual's perceived level of busyness is heavily connected to their feelings of self-worth, as well as to how others view their status. Individuals who are always busy by choice tend to feel needed, in demand, and important, thus elevating their feelings about themselves.

 It's true. A study revealed that being busy can increase motivation and reduce task completion time. Busy people are more inclined to have a schedule, set goals, and prioritize their workload so they become more productive.

 We often equate busyness with productivity, thinking that if we're not constantly doing something, we're not making progress.

 Being busy simply means you're occupied. It does not necessarily mean you're being productive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FOR EVERY TYPE OF READER- THE NOVEL -THE GOD OF SMALL THINGS -

The God of Small Things, a novel written by Arundhati Roy, and published in 1997, vividly and poetically recounts the downfall of a family w...