Monday 21 March 2022

5 BEST DEFINITIONS ON POETRY




 On the world poetry Day today, Let's read some fine definitions of poetry by Great personalities of English Literature and have pleasure.

1. Mr. Watts- Dunton, defines poetry as "the concrete and artistic expression of the human mind in emotional and rhythmical language."

2. According to Keble, poetry is " a vent for overcharged feeling or a full imagination."

3. Hazlitt says poetry is "the language of the imagination and the passions."

4. Matthew Arnold defines poetry as "simply the most delightful and perfect form of utterance that human words can reach."

5. According to Edgar Allan Poe, poetry is "the rhythmic creation of beauty."

On this Poetry day,  Read a poem fully and feel the poet's words. Now read the following poem by William Blake:

REEDS OF INNOCENCE

Piping down the valleys wild,

Piping songs of pleasant glee,

On a cloud I saw a child,

And he laughing said to me:


"Pipe a song about a Lamb!"

So I piped with merry cheer.

"piper, pipe that song again;"

So I piped: he wept to hear.


"Drop thy pipe, thy happy pipe;

Sing thy songs of happy cheer!"

So I sung the same again,

While he wept with joy to hear.


'Piper, sit thee down and write

In a book that all may read."

So he vanish'd from my sight;

And I pluck'd a hollow reed,


And I made a rural pen,

And I stain'd the water clear,

And I wrote my happy songs

Every child may joy to hear.




No comments:

Post a Comment

YAKING CO WORKER

    YAKING COWORKER You are on a little roll today I have no idea what he is speaking of   But I know one thing   He is always spe...