Saturday 15 January 2022

HOW LITERACY BRIGHTENS LIFE AND INCREASES SELF CONFIDENCE AT A GREAT LEVEL?




  For the children who start to go to school at the age of 4 are the lucky ones says a villager studying at a night school in South India. Let's see why so?

"There is  a great difference in my present situation when compared with the old days. A lot of changes have taken place . When I was required to sign various papers and documents, I could only use the thumbprint and I never knew what exactly I was signing. Consequently, I could sometimes suffer injustices and exploitation.

Now that  I am literate no one can ask me to sign just blindly. I first have to ask what the whole business is all about, I read the papers myself, and it is only after I am satisfied that I agree to sign. If I don't agree with the contents of the documents, I just don't sign. Whereas before one could never refuse to sign a document you were just asked to put your thumbprint....

Literacy has helped me in many other ways. Through literacy I now know the nutritive value of various foods, those which build the body, those which help us to prevent some diseases and so on. I know what a balanced diet is

Formerly, when one walked through the streets one couldn't read any signs. You may come across a "danger" sign board but you continue to walk ahead untill someone shouts "stop". But these days I can read all the signposts such as "Don't walk on the grass.''

In travelling also, I used to ask  the driver to let me get down at a certain place, but sometimes the driver would take me much further beyond my destination. If such an incident occurs now, I shout and protest.

So now I feel great and self- confident. I have the ability to refuse or disagree, whereas formerly I easily became a victim of great injustice because I was illiterate."

Great to hear his story know! He summarised the advantages of being a literate. Its our duty to create awareness about the importance of Education and insists the parents to send their children to school rather than to other work places at a very tender age.

Let the children reap the benefits of attending  a school:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpc-jGZkbAk

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHY SYNTHESIS IS ESSENTIAL IN DECISION MAKING?

   Decision-making requires an individual to "take a view" and that depends on the ability to combine parts or elements to form a ...