Sunday 26 December 2021

THREE IMPORTANT POINTS ON PHONETICS





 Pronunciation is the ability to use the correct stress, rhythm and intonation of a word in a spoken language. The branch of linguistics which studies these units of sound is phonetics.

Words are not always pronounced the way they are spelt. These are symbols which refer to the sounds of English . A well planned practice in sound -to- letter and letter-to-sound associations in appropriate relations to other learning procedure may help both in spelling and speaking. The three important sounds are:

1. vowel sounds

2. consonant sounds

3. Diphthongs

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEING A BUSY BEE

I LIED AND SAID I WAS BUSY I WAS BUSY, BUT NOT IN A WAY MOST PEOPLE UNDERSTAND. I WAS BUSY TAKING DEEPER BREATHS  I WAS BUSY SILENCING IRRAT...