1. Cream together 3 oz margarine or butter and 3 oz castor sugar untill light and fluffy.
2. Beat in one lightly whisked egg a little at a time and half tea spoonful vanilla essence.
3. Fold in 4 oz self raising flour and one dessert spoonful cocoa together.
4. Add a little warm water if needed to form a stiff dropping consistency.
5. Spoon into paper cases arranged in a baking tray on tart tins.
6. Bake in a fairly hot oven for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
7. Using a sharp knife cut off the top of each cake, moving around cut edge of each cake. Replace the cap.