* Tamil Nadu is a state in south India with many cities and temple towns with specialities. One such old and historical city is Madurai.
* Madurai is fondly called as THOONGA NAGARAM- the city that never sleeps. A temple town in Tamil Nadu, Madurai is famous for its Malli (jasmine flower).
* Meenakshi temple in Madurai is known for its architectural splendour built around 17th century.
* Madurai Malligai – Madurai and its Jasmine, is a book by uma kannan reflects the beauty of Madurai as well as malli.
* VAIGAI is longest river flowing in Madurai. It fulfils the water requirement of the people and their crops which in turn bring forth lush greenery.
* AZHAGARKOVIL,PAZHAMUDHIRCHOLAI, YANAIMALAI, are the other attractions in the city.
* Tamil sangam Literature flourished in Madurai and it holds a special place in literature.
* In Textiles, Madura coats is best in yarn production and Madurai CHUNGUDI is a popular cotton saree of Madurai.
* CHITRA POURNAMI (Full moon which occurs in between April 14 to May 14) is celebrated as a ten day long festival in Temples of Madurai.
*Madurai is well connected with road, rail and air services through -out India.