1. Cook par boiled rice and set aside
2. Boil bengal gram and red gram together
3. when almost cooked remove from fire.
4. Clean and cut vegetables ( beans, broad beans, brinjal, ash gourd, cucumber, potatoes, peas, raw bananas and drumsticks) to the desired size. Boil them in salt water.
5. Soak tamarind and squeeze the juice. Add salt to taste. Add vegetables.
6. Heat oil and fry chopped onions. Add chopped ginger and green chillies. Fry together in the same oil -coriander seeds, black gram, red chillies, asafoetida and turmeric.
7. Powder the roasted spices and add to the dal. Fry mustard seeds and add to the dal.
8. When all the vegetables have been cooked in the tamarind juice for 5 to 10 minutes put in the dal mixture and rice.
9. Add grated coconuts. Mix without mashing vegetables.
10. Cook for 10 minutes
11. Serve garnished with coriander leaves and curry leaves.