Mizoram, land of the blue mountain, lies in the southern most outpost of the north eastern states. Mizoram is the song bird of the north east. Manipur, Assam and Tripura are the neighbours of Mizoram. Every major village now has a YMA (young MIzo Association) centre, dedicated to infuse society with its traditional lifestyle and customs.
Mizoram’s crafts involve art pieces made of bamboo and cane. Mizo hat is a souvenir many tourist take home. Mizoram has 10 important dances. Chapchar Kut and Thalfavang kut are the festivals of Mizoram. The following are the best places in Mizoram which you should not miss in your trip to Mizoram :
· Aizwal is the capital of Mizoram. Areas in and around this place has the best excursion points. The suitable season to visit this place is from October to March. Aizwal is near to Silchar, which has rail route and also connected by air to Kolkata. Aizwal is connected by road through Silchar to Guwahati, Imphal, Kohima, Shillong and Agartala.
· Durtlang lies north of Aizwal, where there is an interesting zoological garden.
· Bung and Paikhai are popular picnic spots, just 16Km from Aizwal.
· Tamdil is a lake about 85 Km from Aizwal, Vantawang is the highest waterfalls in Mizoram. Champhai is 204 Km from Aizwal, from where we can have the glimpse of Mynamar hills.
· Phawngpui is a trekker’s paradise.
· Dampa sanctuary is established in 1976 and is inhabited by tiger, bison, elephant, bear and a vast number of avian species.