A phrase is a group of related words, without a subject, arranged in a grammatical construction and acting as a unit in a sentence.
1. A noun phrase is built around a single noun.
Example : A vase of flowers stood on the table
2. A verb phrase is the verbal part of a clause
Example: He had been living in London
3. An adjective phrase is built around an adjective
Example: He is leading a very interesting life
4. An adverbial phrase is built around an adverb by adding words before or / and after it
Example: Their economy recovered very slowly
5. A prepositional phrase has a preposition at the beginning.
Example: She longed to live near the sea
Post a Comment