INDIAN TOP BLOG DIRECTORY 2024

top Indian blogs

Sunday 8 August 2021

READING PREFERENCES


 


Books come in wide varieties and every day a new sprout is assured one. We need to take time go through them or at least lend your ear to it. Then only we can be in a position to know about the new releases and new formats of book coming into the market.

The primary genre in literature are poetry, drama/play, essay, short story and novel. The term genre is quite often used to denote sub classification of literature such as comedy, tragedy, thriller, romance, science fiction etc. All these come under the two main divisions- fiction and non- fiction.  Fiction refers to plot, settings, characters created from imagination. Non-fiction presents Truth and accuracy of information, events or people.

Under fiction only romance novels and short stories are my cup of tea. Always ready to read writers from different countries, cultures and styles. It helps to know new perspectives and a new way of presentation. Memoirs, biography, auto biography, cookery books and travelogues are my preferred genres under non- fiction. I’m more inclined towards these.

“To read a book for the first time is to make an acquaintance with a new friend; to read it for a second time is to meet an old one.”

My preference to re reads lies with self- help, cook books and travel. In fiction I re read only classics.   In romance and short stories when once read and the plot is known, the surprise ends. So, mostly no re reads takes place Were as I re read poems many number of times and enjoy its sweetness as often as possible. Poetry anthologies are always best for re-reads.

Knowledge of new releases of books can be had through face-book pages, Twitter, Instagram, book launch programs of book stores or Authors, few online portals and websites. Many sites offer free down load of PDF format and Kindle of new releases. With these chances of reading new releases at the earliest has increased two folds. E-books are also a great platform for both writers and readers.

Seeking out different books for me means, in my choicest genre Authors from around the globe and translated works are also included in my reading. By subscribing to newsletters of the publishing houses I get know to about different books from my inbox itself. Then I will go through it and select basing on genre, author, title, size of the book, format, theme, book cover, popularity and description.


(PROMPT:  YOUR TYPICAL READING ROUTINE – IN TERMS OF GENRES, NEW RELEASES OR REREADS AND SEEKING OUT DIFFERENT BOOKS)

(This blogpost is prepared for Blog chatters Half-marathon August 2021)




2 comments:

  1. I am guilty of not venturing out of my comfort zone. I stick to fiction and give a wide berth to horror and non-fiction. I have never been tempted to pick those up. I don't think I will either! I usually rely on goodreads for recommendations

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to feel guilty, read according to your preference. That's the best way.

    ReplyDelete

A SHORT READ ABOUT THE BOOK -GOOD WIVES

  Louisa May Alcott was an American novelist, short story writer, and poet best known for writing the novel Little Women (1868) and its sequ...