1. In the fifteenth century, the dominant language of education was Latin
2. One of the most important British language teaching approaches was The oral Approach or Situational language teaching.
3. Grammar Translation method was adopted by German scholars.
4. Henry sweet wrote ‘The practical study of Languages’ in 1899.
5. Two of the most prominent figures in British twentieth century language teaching were Harold Palmer and A.S. Hornby
6. S-O-S approach stand for Structural- Oral- Situational
7. Michael West was the British language specialist who had examined the role of English in India in the 1920s
8. The ‘Bilingual Method’ was developed by C. J. Dodson
9. Caleb Gattegno devised the ‘silent way’ of teaching language.
10. Posters, charts, music are the aids of the ‘suggestopaedia’
11. Charles Curran developed the ‘community Language Learning’ approach.
12. Michael West developed ‘the reading method’ in second language learning.
Post a Comment