In India August 29th every year is celebrated as National sports day and is the birthday of Major Dhyan Chand Singh who is the captain of Hockey team which won gold in Olympics.
For his contribution towards the sport and bringing great laurels to the country, his birthday is celebrated as NATIONAL SPORTS DAY as a mark of respect and recognition for his sporting genius.
As a part of the celebrations, many sport activities and competitions are conducted in many parts of the country. National awards for various sports, best coach and lifetime achievement awards are presented for different categories on the National sports day.
Not only our National game-Hockey, but other games are given wide importance, which provides a good platform to sports persons of diverse disciplines. Best to do on this National sports day:
- Encourage children to involve more in sports
- It helps to improve both physical &mental health
- If they fit in the selected sport, help them to make it a career
- Join sport club or reach a best coach for further training, seek the help of the Physical directors of school or college
- Spare time for watching sports in the stadium and feel the sporting spirit.
- Try to know how the sports persons work hard to win medals of lesser known sport.
- Many Games need supporting groups to encourage the upcoming sports persons- be there.
BE A SPORTS LOVER & MOTIVATE SPORTSPERSONS
Post a Comment