Tuesday 16 April 2024

NEWTON’S LAW

    


NEWTON’S LAW

 

I was inattentive in science class one day

When the teacher at random looked my way

I didn’t look up, I wouldn’t dare

There’s no escaping that intense glare.

 

Asked me to explain to the class

Newton’s Law of Gravity and mass

My mind was a blank, heartbeats louder

For an answer, I started to flounder.

 

I stood before the class trembling with fear

“Gravity”, I said.. and then oh dear!!!

I fell off the stage on to the floor

How the class with laughter did roar.

 

 The children tittered in great amusement

They didn’t know my sad predicament

The teacher said, “You’ve demonstrated gravity”

“Although you did it with much levity.”

 

At length, I returned to my seat

With much applause did they greet

Now I look back upon this and ponder

I decide to listen and not let my mind wander.

 

This poem was written by Nandita Das

 

 

There are several causes that can be attributed to student inattention and they range from physical, social, and emotional causes to simple boredom with instruction.

 Students who are inattentive often appear distracted, need constant redirection, can't stay on task or follow directions, appear disorganized, and seem to be confused.

 Inattention may disrupt their ability to start and/or complete assigned classwork, such that assigned activities are completed inconsistently. Children also may frequently appear to be looking away from their work, instruction, or adult directives.

 Teachers need to keep the instructions brief and clear. Say the child's name or tap them on the shoulder to make and keep eye contact when giving important information. Ask the child to repeat the instruction to make sure they understand it. The child may need prompting, monitoring, and encouragement to keep them focused on tasks.


 I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z and hyperlink https://www.theblogchatter.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment

YAKING CO WORKER

    YAKING COWORKER You are on a little roll today I have no idea what he is speaking of   But I know one thing   He is always spe...