Friday 5 April 2024

ERNEST AND EMILY

    


ERNEST AND EMILY

I sip and ponder Ernest-ly

Across the table from me

I reach out and

Touch Emily’s hand

My friends

I truly understand

 

Time and space

The table

But dears

I see each face

You’re present right

Before me now

As words written

Can allow

 

I hear your tears

Across the years

I cry with you

Your words ring true

I reach out across the table

Only as I’m able

 

This poem was written by Betty Jo Legros Kelley

 

 Being earnest is a very intense attractive and/or pleasant emotion and is a form of nurturing or caring behavior. Being earnest is a good quality.

 Earnest people are very serious and sincere in what they say or do, because they think that their actions and beliefs are important.

 Being earnest actually means that one is serious in their intention and purpose, or effort; showing depth and sincerity of feelings. Oscar Wilde wrote a play which was first performed in London in 1895 called 'The Importance of Being Earnest.”

 Do not mourn the past, says Buddha. That is the secret of health both for the mind and the body. Nor should you worry about the future, he adds. Instead, one ought to live in the present moment, wisely and earnestly.

 To know more about being earnest and what it adds to life, read here the article titled Earnestness – The Key to Living a Happy Life.


 I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z and hyperlink https://www.theblogchatter.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHY SYNTHESIS IS ESSENTIAL IN DECISION MAKING?

   Decision-making requires an individual to "take a view" and that depends on the ability to combine parts or elements to form a ...