1.Heat fat to boiling point. Remove and set aside
2. Add water to sugar and prepare a syrup of three string consistency
3. Take some amount of Fat and roast gram flour in it
4. Sprinkle a little water on the gram flour to test whether it has been properly roasted in which case it will splutter
5. Add sugar syrup to the roasted gram flour and stir well on fire
6. Add gradually the remaining fat , stirring continuously and vigorously till the fat starts floating on the top of the mixture.
7. Remove from the fire and pour the mixture on to a tray.
8. Allow the tray to cool in a slanting position so that the excess of fat is drained off
9. Sprinkle crushed cardamom and cut into diamond shapes.