1. Keep rod and track free from dust by using feather dusters or wall broom or a vacuum cleaner attachment
2. While cleaning, shake often as vacuum cleaner attachment or brush occasionally fail to remove dust completely from the curtains.
3. Deal appropriately with repairs to rings, frayed edges and any difficulties with pulling, bent tracks etc.
4. Reverse the position of the curtains so that no part is continually exposed to the sun.
5. Have lined curtains dry cleaned, if unlined have them laundered.