1. An American poet hailed as the representative poet of American democracy is WALT WHITMAN.
2. Mark Twain was only a Pseudonym. The author’s real name is SAMUEL CLEMENS
3. The author of Rip Van Winkle is WASHINGTON IRVING.
4. Melville’s Moby Dick gives us glimpses in to the world of WHALES.
5. The common amongst Mark Twain’s Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn and Life on the Mississippi is the background of all three novels is social life in and around the valley of Mississippi River.
6. WALDEN is the work of Henry David Thoreau.
7. The early 19th century writers of New York City are known as KNICKERBOCKERS.
8. Eugene o’ Neill was awarded four times the PULITZER PRIZE.
9. EUGENE O’ NEILL was the first American Playwright to receive the Nobel Prize for Literature.
10. ‘’A Word to the wise is enough,
God helps them that help themselves,
Time-enough always proves little enough.””
These are the lines of BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.
11. ”Lives of great men all remind us
We can make our lives sublime,
And, departing, leave behind us
Foot-prints on the sands of time”
These lines are from the poem of H. W. LONGFELLOW’S A PSLAM OF LIFE.
12. ‘’Success is counted sweetest
By those who never succeed,
To comprehend nectar
Requires sorest need””
These are the lines of EMILY DICKINSON.