· The first Indian poet to receive the Nobel Prize for Literature in the year 1913 is RABINDRANATH TAGORE
· The first recipient of the Bhartiya Jnanpith Award is G. SHANKARA KURUP
· The founder of the Bhartiya Jnanpith is SAHU SHANTI PRASAD JAIN
· The first recipient of the sahitya Akademi Award for best writings in English is R.K. NARAYAN
· R.K. Narayan’s novel GUIDE was made into a very popular film.
· R.K. Narayan’s novel MALGUDI DAYS was made into a very popular T.V. serial.
· W.B.YEATS is a very eminent English poet who edited Dr. Rabindranath Tagore’s GITANJALI
· Dr. Rabindranath Tagore translated some poems of KABIR from Hindi to English
· Dr. Rabindranath Tagore wrote GITANJALI originally in Bengali and he himself translated it into English.
· MY SON’S FATHER is the autobiography of DOM MORAES- an Indo-Anglian poet.
· Girish Karnad is the author of the famous stage play TUGHLAQ
· Sri Aurobindo Ghosh is the author of LIFE DIVINE
· BANKIM CHANDRA CHATTERJI is the author of India’s National Anthem.