Wednesday 3 April 2024

CINDER GIRL

   


  I quote the words of the poet:  "This poem was winner of Poetry Soup's International Poetry Contest after I first arrived to Soup in 2010. Thanks to this poem, I won my lifetime membership here. A producer in England contacted me after he read it and wanted to showcase this poem, along with 19 other poems of mine, in an artistic movie called Six Days of Sistine. This seems like a good place for me to show a link to his movie. It is available either for sale or for online streaming with Amazon Prime.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7710360/"


CINDER GIRL

An ember sparked will softly glow,

And fed by fuel, will grow and grow.

I once was cinder, sparked by you,

First timid… till the flames then grew.

 

And so our start was touch of dawn,

With amber hue, for I was drawn

To eyes so welcoming and warm

I never guessed you’d do me harm.

 

Like morning glory, love in June

The rapture of mid-afternoon,

Romance of which the ancients wrote,

Our passion had no antidote.

 

And with the dusk, though scarlet tinged,

Our love began to come unhinged,

For clouds arrived, which filled your eyes,

Extinguishing bright twilight skies.

 

With cold of night came shadows’ pall,

And I could not tear down your wall

By midnight’s hour, the fire was dead.

Mere ashes smoldered in its stead.

 

You left, and should you reappear,

I’ve vowed to shun you. Now I fear

The very thing for which I yearn-

One touch…. And then again- to burn.

 

This poem was written by Andrea Dietrich (the above image is of the poet)

 


Here is a list of books available with similar name:

1.     Cinder Girl: My Journey Out of the Ashes to a Life of Hope  Book by Christina Meredith

      2.   Cinder Girl: Growing Up on America's Fringe  Book by Holly Thompson Rehder

 3. Cinder a novel by Marissa Meyer.

 

 

Have you read any of these? Do share about it in comments.


 I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z and hyperlink https://www.theblogchatter.com)

2 comments:

AN ANCIENT TEMPLE WHERE UTANKA MUNI WORSHIPPED

     The Divya kshetram TIRU VAIKUNTA VINNAGARAM is located in Tirunangur 8 km from Sirkazhi in Tamil Nadu. This is one of the 11 Divya desa...