1. Dolphins can sleep with one eye open
2. Dogs can't distinguish between Red and Green
3. Owls cannot move their eyeballs. They turn their heads almost all the way around.
4. The largest eyes on the planet belong to the giant squid. They measure around 25cm (10 inches) across, around the size of a football.
5. An ostrich 's eye is bigger than its brain
6. A worm has no eyes at all
7. A dragon fly has 30,000 lenses in its eyes, assisting them with motion detection and making them very difficult for predators to kill
8. The night vision of tigers is 6 times better than humans
9. Scorpions can have as many as 12 eyes and the box jelly fish has 24!
10. Chameleons can move their eyes in two directions at once
11. Oh baby, don't cry. up to 6 weeks babies can't produce tears. At birth, babies can only see in black, white and some shades of grey
12. Human eyes can focus on 50 different objects every second
13. Human eyes can distinguish approximately 10 million different colours
14. If the human eye was a digital camera, it would have 576 megapixels
15 . Iris : ( the coloured part of the eye) has 256 unique characteristics; fingerprint has just 40
16. 80% of all learning comes through the eyes.
17. The eye has amazing healing powers: it can filter out dust, dirt and heal scratches in under 48 hours.
19. The only organ more complex than the eye is the brain. Seeing takes up more than 50% of the brain's functionality.
20. ommatophobia is the fear of eyes.
To have the best of this wonderful organ , follow 20-20-20 rule
while working on a computer, follow 20-20-20 rule - look at something twenty feet away from your computer every twenty minutes for twenty seconds.