1. Select the fully ripe limes
2. Wash in cold running water to remove arsenic materials.
3. Wipe and slit into two or four pieces for each fruit, remove seeds.
4. fill the pieces into a jar about 2/3 of the quantity and add salt.
5. Add remaining pieces into the jar in the alternative layer of lime and salt.
6. squeeze the remaining portion of limes over arranged pieces.
7. Add turmeric and soak well. Place the jar covered.
8. Heat oil, add mustard seeds, asafoetida & red chilli powder and cover the lime pieces.
9. Mix well. fill the pickle into sterilised bottles.
10. store in a cool and dry place.