Monday 4 October 2021

TEACH YOUR CHILD TO LOVE ANIMALS



 On ANIMAL WELFARE DAY today, Let's talk about simpler things which everyone can do for the welfare of the animals.

 Starting  with the words of Gandhiji - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

 Treat them well or at least don't create harm to them or simply don't hurt.

There are many animal lovers and pet parents and equally many not like that.  Why no to pets?

The reasons can be varied ones starting from allergies, fear (scared), affordability, space constraints and other numerous issues. People who don't own  a pet can take these steps at the time of need:

 *If you happen to see an injured animal, call the Ambulance of Animal  welfare Associations rescue team or any other near by Veterinary hospital

  *You can feed any animal on the street or else direct some one who loves to do it.

 *Mainly teach children not to disturb or hurt Animals or advice to keep away from them.

 *If you happen to see many puppies or kittens without care, call to the NGO's to help them provide shelter

 *With regard to cows,  Many  Milk suppliers & owners inject cows  to produce more milk . It causes a lot of   biological disturbance to cows. Educate them to not to do so

 *Minimise the weight on bullocks carts and horse drawn carriages.

* Don't use fire works near animal.

* By mistake if the Animals entered your house, do try to send them out by directing them with signs &voice. Not in any other way. 

* As a simple step  develop compassion towards Animals

The great Tamil poet, Mahakavi Bharathiyar in his poem  "pappa paattu" meaning "song for children" directs the children not to cause any harm to the animals. He teaches the children to rear sparrow, crows, hen, cow, dog, goat, bullock and horse. It is necessary  to inculcate such habits in children from younger age and also to be develop love towards animals.

The original Tamil lyrics can be read at http://indianperiodical.com/2017/04/bharathiyars-song-for-the-child/

The English translation of the same is also taken up from the same source. I have highlighted the lines where he talks about Animals in red colour for the convenience of the readers.

Run and play my little child

Never be idle oh, my child

Join and move with all children my child

Scold not other children my child!   (1)

Like a small pigeon that plays around–you

Here and there, everywhere run and play my child.

Looking at the colorful birds around –you

Have all joy ever in your mind my child!   (2)

The hen that goes and picks its food-make

Friend and play with that my child.

The crow that stealthily hps and eats-you

Have to sympathize with it my child!    (3)

The cow black that gives milk white-that

Indeed is a nice and good cow my child;

The dog that comes around with its wagging tail it

Is a great friend of a man my child!  (4)

The good horse that pulls the cart – paddy crop

Tilled by the bull in brown nice;

The goat that depends on us for life – all these

To be taken care of by us, my child!   (5)

Studies on getting up in the morn-then

Prayers through music melodious;

Play time the evening – thus

Practice precious my child!  (6)

Lies never indulge in my child – never

Speak badly behind others, my child

God is there to support, my child- no

Harm will come to us my child.  (7)

Those who do harm to us – we

Need never fear my child!

Trash them strong my child!- simply

Spit   at their faces my child!  (8)

Even when sufferings approach us- we

Need worry and droop my child!

God beloved is there – sorrows

All will disappear my child!   (9)

Idleness is very bad, my child- disobey

Not the words of mother, my child!

Peevish weeping lames the child

Stand firm and erect and boldly face!   (10)

Praise the Holy Tamilnadu – adore

As your own Mother my child!

Sweeter than the divine nectar my child- our

Ancient sacred land is ours my child!  (11)

Of the languages Tamil is sweet- – Learn

It well and be great my child!

Rich indeed is Hindustan – adore

And sing in praise daily, my child!   (12)

In the North, Himalayas my child- stands

In the South majestic Cape Comerin, my child

Look at the vast sea lying-in

East and West, my child!  (13)

Land of Vedas is this nation-great

Warriors were born in this land!

Hindustan sans any flaws –adore

And praise as God my child!   (14)

No castes and sub castes- a sin

To talk in terms of castes good and bad! –

Justice, great intellect, education and love

Who have are indeed great and lofty!  (15)

Have love for all living beings-believe

In the truth that God is everywhere;

Be firm, brave and strong in heart- that

Is the way of living, my child!  (16)




I'M taking my blog to next level with Blog Chatter's #My Friend Alexa2021, Please use hyper link: https://www.theblogchatter.com/)

(This blog post is a part of blog chatter's #MY friend Alexa2021, #Anusowmyanwrites)




14 comments:

  1. Yup, it's important that kids learn to love animals. Love the tips you have given for people who don't have pets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love animals specially cats and dogs. They go crazy when they see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids are very fond of animal. That's why we have pet dog and both my kids are kind to animals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think children are born with love for animals, we just need to keep it intact. Pets or no pets, empathy is more crucial according to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teach them when they're young so they make the world a place where all living being live in harmony :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids want a dog. Then they want a cat. Then they want hamsters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you totally. Kids should be taught to love all animals and birds.My parents discouraged me always and I ended up hating pets. But I taught my kids to love them and now my grandson adores every living creature.

    ReplyDelete

8 STEPS TO PREPARE VELVET CAKE

    1. Sieve flour and cream of tartar 3 times 2. Mix soda bi-carbonate in the cold water 3. Cream butter and sugar till it becomes light an...