Wednesday 20 October 2021

DISCOVER THE IMPORTANCE OF SENTENCE STRUCTURE AND IMPROVE YOUR WRITING SKILL EASILY







 Sentences are framed with words which are systematically, semantically and grammatically organised to form a unified whole.

Parts of speech also known as word classes, are arranged according to their meaning, position and use in a sentence.

Modifiers , words that add to the meanings of other words, have to be placed appropriately. Otherwise the sentence can lend itself to multiple interpretations.

Four basic sentence structures are

* simple

* complex

* compound

* compound- complex

A common way to connect related words is to co ordinate them and to show that one idea is more important than the other, we rely on subordination.


Examples :

ONLY I hit him in the eye 

I  ONLY hit him in the eye 

I hit ONLY him in the eye 

I hit him ONLY in the eye 

I hit him in ONLY in the eye.

I hit him in the ONLY eye

I hit him in the eye ONLY








No comments:

Post a Comment

WHY SYNTHESIS IS ESSENTIAL IN DECISION MAKING?

   Decision-making requires an individual to "take a view" and that depends on the ability to combine parts or elements to form a ...