1. Prepare onions, celery, carrots & leeks
2. Melt butter. Add vegetables and stew in the butter with a lid on the pan. Mix in refined flour.
3. Add tomato puree gradually to the stock.
4. Stir till it boils. Add bouquet Garni and season
5. Simmer for about an hour, stirring when necessary
6. Remove bouquet Garni and pass firmly through a sieve and then through a medium strainers.
7. Return to a pan. Re boil, check for seasoning and consistency
8. Fry the bread cubes and serve hot with soup croutons