IMPORTANT QUOTABLE LINES FROM PREFACE TO LYRICAL BALLADS :
1. For all good poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings.
2. My purpose was to imitate and, as far as possible, to adopt the very language of man.
3. He (the Poet) is a man speaking to man.
4. Poetry is the most philosophical of all writing
5. Poetry is the breath and finer spirit of all knowledge, it is the impassioned expression which is in the countenance of all science.
6. The neither is, nor can be, any essential difference between the language of prose and metrical composition.
7. Every Great poet has to create the taste by which he is enjoyed and appreciated.
8. Every Great poet is teacher or nothing
9. The poet sings "a song in which all human beings join with him...he looks before and after.''