1. Dissolve sugar for caramel in water in a strong pan
2. Bring to boil and allow to colour a golden brown
3. Pour at once into warm dry pudding mould and mask evenly all over
4. Bring the milk almost to boiling point
5. Pour over beaten eggs and sugar
6. Strain into prepared moulds
7. Sprinkle grated nutmegs.
8. Cover moulds with greased paper, stream gently for one to one and half hours or bake in the oven or water bath
9. Remove, cool for a few minutes and turn on to a dish. Serve either hot or cold.