1. The definition of a lullaby is a quiet or soothing song intended to get a child to go to sleep.
2. One of the oldest known lullabies is a 5,000 year old Babylonian song
3. The purpose of lullabies vary, In some societies they are used to pass down cultural knowledge or tradition
4. Old English lullaby by Eugene Field, Richard RowLands’s lullaby, Lullaby , Oh, Lullaby ! by Christina Georgina Rossetti, W. H. Auden’s Lullaby are the few best examples of Lullaby poems.
5. Lullaby is not only sung by a mother for her baby, but also by a poet for his king. This is evident in the following….https://www.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/music/lullaby-for-a-king/article4315974.ece