Sunday 1 January 2017

TATA- BYE- BYE

THIS WEEK’S WOW PROMPT IS   -“2016   THROW BACK”

The year 2016 was a year of Learning & Gaining. Normally every new year the Newspapers carry a supplement  of  National and World Events  that occurred in the year passed by, like that even I used to  jot down points of + & - {plus & minus}  that occurred in our lives { me & my family}. This was my first attempt of putting it in to words.
Regarding 2016, Learning is :  Dare to win: Launching my Blog, Connecting with Blog adda, Initially it was not easy for me to do the registration formalities, without hesitation took the help from the tech support blog adda. So, I am here to be a part of this WOW.
Completed an on line course in English for Journalism   from The University of Pennsylvania.
Joined the pinterest platform of word weavers India   and participated in many poetry competitions, but didn’t get any prize. Took all these as a learning process and gained the energy to Try,   Try , Try again till  I  succeed. Wrote an article on saint  Ramanuja commemorating his 1000th birth anniversary. Composed a poem as tribute to MS SUBBULAKSHMI on her 100th birth anniversary {poem titled MS ; Musical Soul}
Another occasion to learn & gain came in the form of a Book launch & It is also the 90 th birthday of K.Parasaran, a legendary jurist not only known for his phenomenal professional acumen across various legal disciplines but also for his scholastic knowledge in Sanskrit and his strong belief in Indian ethos, values & culture.  Book- LAW & DHARMA- A Tribute to the Pitamaha of The Indian Bar K. Parasaran, a sastra University Publication.
Follow your Passion & age is not a bar is a point not just to know but to realise it in the true sense, will work wonders.
One more Learning & Gaining came as in the form of saying: Never lose Hope & Patience pays Dividends. Meeting my friend after 15 long years is a joy that can’t be expressed in words. We are in touch through phone from the last 6 years.  One more incident as a result of hope &patience is: my brother came home for Rakhi. Thank you2016.
Faery song   -    by   John Keats
Shed no tear!  O   shed no tear!
The Flower will bloom another year.
Weep no more! O Weep no more!
Young buds sleep in the root’s white core.
Dry your eyes!   O dry   your eyes!
For I taught in paradise
To ease my breast of melodies,
Shed no tear.
Overhead! Look overhead !
“Mong the blossoms white and red,-
Look up, look up! I flutter now
On this fresh pomegranate bough
See me!  “Tis this slivery bill
Ever cures the good man’s ill,
Shed no tear!  O, Shed no tear!
The flower will bloom another year.
Adieu, adieu- I-fly-adieu!
Adieu, adieu!
“It shows how and why it is always good to hope for the best.”

“This post is a part of write over the weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by Blog Adda.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHEN I WAS YOUNG

WHEN I WAS YOUNG     When I was young Love was everywhere. Songs of love filled the air, From birds singing to radios playing.   ...